Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's The Best TV App?

Well I have gotten several e-mails from viewers asking me what are some of my favorite tv/movie watching apps and in anticipation for the second episode of The Office tonight, I will give my favorite 5 apps that I use on a weekly basis that I absolutely love and honestly cant live without.

  1. The first has to be Netflix, this app is a beautiful app. I can sit anywhere that has wifi or 3G and watch a James Bond movie, Pawn Stars, The Office, 30 Rock, you name it, its there more than likely. Plus the app is free all be it the subscription is $7.99 a month for just streaming to your computer, xbox, ps3, or mobile device, but reasonable to say the least in my opinion. 
  2. Well the second is tough, Netflix is a clear #1 but everything else is much closer together. For the second app, I have to say NBC because their stuff is free to stream. Yes, there are ads, but these ads just advertise for their lastest shows, so nothing really all that bad. 
  3. ABC has the third spot here. Why you make ask? It is simple really, ABC is another app like NBC where you can stream TV shows from their network that is update and relevant. Again, I am a softy for TV shows.
  4. Ok for this one, i really am going out on a limb here because you actually cant watch shows or movies on this app, but I love it anyways. Flixter is an amazing app, you can link it to Facebook, Twitter and a few other social media sites to compare what your friends have seen, what they want to see, and what they like. On top of that, you can integrate you Netflix account right into the app, so you can adjust you instant and DVD Queue from the app and also ratings are exchanged for more accurate likes and dislikes on Netflix and Flixster. And one last thing on my novel of Flixster is that you can also look up the closest theater and see movie times as well as the ability to purchase tickets for those flicks through Fandango. A pretty awesome app. Get it. Now if you dont already!
  5. And finally, Hulu+. Yes i said it, Hulu+. Hulu has been working to catch up to the strength of Netflix's instant streaming service and is slowing gaining steam. For those of you jumping on the bandwagon early, this app is great. Does Hulu beat Netflix, no, could it someday, maybe. I do like it, and would recommend the app/subscription as well if you love TV as they seem to be more update with the lastest TV shows than Netflix. For all you movie lovers, I would be a little hesitant, I would go with Netflix for the movies side.
  6. Ok, this one is a bonus and probably be met with some flack without a doubt. If you have Bright House Networks, Time Warner Cable, and Verizon FIOS TV, then watchESPN is a phenomenal app. If you dont have these limited providers, this app sucks, and it caters to a select few and leave majority hanging out to dry, which sucks. So this one is a hit or miss app. If you have these providers, download this app if you love sports, but if you dont have any of these providers, welllllll, im sorry, your gonna have to wait. Blame ESPN for being full of themselves and wanting way to much money and not caring about sports fans or their own fans of the network.
Ok, so if you have an app you love and I didnt mention it, leave a comment. Let me know what you love, what you hate, or anything else on your mind. And dont forget to follow me on twitter @FungusMungus09. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment