Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remora by Outpost Labs, An Ultra Slim Wallet Case

I am one of those iPhone users that values protection over minimalistic cases. On a weekly basis, I seem to drop my iPhone from a fatal height that is certain to crack some glass. Thankfully, I have always had an Otterbox to protect my phone from such disasters as that. 

Because of the user I am, trying a case such as the Remora Wallet case made me a little uneasy not having my iPhone all bundled up and exposed. But I decided that the case was such a unique design and something I had never seen, I'd try it for a week. So here is what I found:


Protection:

Outpost Labs, the vendor and creator of the Remora case, openly states on their website www.outpostlabs.com and on the packaging of the case that it is not intended to be a protective case. However, they have designed their case in a way that the top right and bottom left of the case extends over the top of the bezel to keep the face of the iPhone off of surfaces and the back of the iPhone elevated which prevents scratches. This is no Otterbox case, but its not designed to be and are for people that value minimal, sleek cases over bulky ones. 


Functionality:

The case itself snaps right on to the iPhone and with a little effort snaps right back off. Once the case has been applied, you can store two cards securely in the back. I wasn't sold from the videos if the cards would actually stay or not and that was a huge concern. The last thing anyone wants is a lost drivers license or debit card. However, the design is well made and securely holds two cards in place. By the end of the second day, my doubts were gone. Here is a list of features:


- Carries up to two cards.
- Hidden latch snaps closed to safely hold cards.
- Protects screen when set face-down on a surface.
- Full access to all buttons/ports.
- No camera flash bleed.
- Incredibly slim with unique thin two-corner design. 

Customization/Compatibility:

The Remora case is designed for the iPhone 4, 4S, and iPhone 5. Furthermore, the case comes in six colors, Obsidian Black, Electric Blue, Arctic White, Fire Engine Red, Mint Green, and Bubblegum Pink. 


Cost/Shipping:

For the amount of value in the case, I was surprised to find that they only charge $19.95 for the case. At that price, this case is a steal! Plus, shipping was fast and the packaging was stellar. From order to pick up, the whole experience was smooth, easy, and professional. 

Overall Impressions:

I had never heard of Outpost Labs or the Remora case until a few weeks ago. Their design and take on a wallet case is something completely fresh and innovative. If you are in market for a sleek, minimalistic case, Remora is the answer. Remora is very unique because the Remora case succeeds not only where minimalistic cases fail, but where wallet cases fail as well. Remora truly shines as a creative, innovative, modern approach to a slim, sleek, wallet, and case for iPhone. This is a must buy for anyone looking for a slim, sleek case or slim wallet case.