Thursday, April 11, 2013

Must Have Cydia Tweaks of 2013

Things have been quiet in the Apple world and while there have been a few rumors coming in through the rumor mill, there really hasn't been much to say. So instead of giving our two cents on a guess about the latest iPad or Mac Pro, we wanted to bring you a list of a few cydia tweaks that actually exist that we think are pretty cool. If we miss a tweak that you think is flat out a must have, then let us know in our forums.


Dashboard X ($1.99): Do you love widgets? If you do, then Dashboard X is the Cydia tweak for you. With this tweak, you can add a widget anywhere on your screen. For me, I left my first page of my iPhone 5 open and added several tweaks that work in several spots on my iPhone that I will mention later. For $2 bucks, this is a must have and a Cydia classic.



Forecast ($.99): This tweak replaces the typical notification center weather widget with a much cleaner, more information widget. I use this on my lockscreen, Notification Center, and with Dashboard X. For 99 cents, this is a steal in my opinion. 


Jukebox ($1.99): This is another tweak that does cost, but another versatile app. Jukebox gives you iPod controls through a Notification Center Widget, but can be applied to your home screen through Dashboard X, which is what I have on my home screen. You can adjust the volume, rewind, fast forward, play/pause, rate the song for iTunes, and share your current song as a tweet or facebook post. By far one of the coolest tweaks I've used.



Auxo ($1.99). While I don't recommend spending money on every tweak you see because you can usually find a solid free alternative, Auxo stands out as one of the best tweaks on Cydia. Auxo takes the boring, stale iOS multitasking and adds much needed functionality. This is the way Apple would and should change the multitasking in iOS.   


NCSettings (Free). NCSettings is a simple, small, notification widget that allows you to control settings such as 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, and volume. This is similar to SBSettings, but way more minimalistic. This widget is very Apple like and something I could see them add if they did add settings as a widget.


No comments:

Post a Comment