Monday, September 26, 2011

Facebook App for the Ipad or not? Come on...

Ok, so I have been blowing off studying for a mid term for a couple of reasons, but i have been reading the blogs tonight and been noticing conflicting reports about the rumored Facebook App native to the Ipad. The question still remains, is this app just a ghost or is this app actually alive and well waiting in the wings to be released? One report from MacRumors is that the Facebook native app for the Ipad is only a few weeks away from release, all be it i think I have heard that claim for months now. One thing that makes sense is that Facebook is waiting to release this app with IOS 5 and the app is already compatible with IOS 5 so Facebook is just waiting. Plus, if this does happen, I believe this is some sort of tactical move by Facebook to gain a little cover in the midst of Twitter being built right into IOS 5 leaving Facebook in the cold. Which the whole tactical move is slightly my idea, but hey, that makes sense, atleast to me. However, there is another conflicting report coming from MacRumors as well that former employee from Facebook, Jeff Verkoeyen, left the big social giant after frustrations with the company boiled over the top due to the fact he claims he was instructed to design an Ipad native app to be eventually released to the public. According to Verkoeyen from his personal blog, "It was feature-complete back in May, he writes, but Facebook kept pushing its release out another two weeks, then another. (Feature-complete doesn't necessarily mean "finished," but it's usually the last stage before a public beta test.) Now, he thinks it "may never be released." Reports as far back as late May into June suggested a summer or maybe early fall release, along with an Ipad designed app within the Iphone app back in July. All of these signs seemed promising, yet fall is here, the Facebook conference has come and gone, and IOS is fast approaching. Yet nothing, and if the debut of IOS does not bring a Facebook Ipad app, I really dont know what will or if ever. Comment below if you have any insight or opinion about this. Remember to follow me @FungusMungus09 on Twitter. Peace!

5 comments:

  1. Umm I'd have to say you have way to much time on your hands...... Honestly who cares!!!!!!! Mr. College boy, why don't you study instead of writing uninteresting articles........ Do you even own a Ipad????

    - Sincerely

    Mr. Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir for your comment, everyone is welcome to speak their mind. For me, I love apple, I read about it all the time, I do in fact own an iPad. I do this just for fun to combat the stresses of school. I'm sorry you find these articles boring, do you have any ideas perhaps to make this blog better sir?

    - sincerely

    AppleGuesser

    ReplyDelete
  3. You swear you own a Ipad?????? You sound like a liar! Why don't you talk about like PS3 or HP too????

    -Sincerely

    Mr. Bubbles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow won't even respond.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, i didnt see this comment until just now Mr. Bubbles. But yes, i own and know alot about an iPad and i am up for talking about almost anything tech. If a story really interests me, you will see it here, regardless of brand, i am pro HP, Dell, Compaq, Gateway, Apple, Android, webOS, Chromebooks, Kindle, Xbox 360, PS3, it really doesnt matter what company, i either like the product or I dont. And I apologize for the long delay. I will respond in a much more timely manner next time :)

    ReplyDelete